Wednesday, 23 January 2008
NEW DATE Weaving. Monksbelt and Rosepath-
AND we are warped up and ready to go,
Course has been moved to
TOMORROW Sat 2nd Feb at 10am!!!!!
Monksbelt and Rosepath weaving Saturday 10.00 – 16.00 What you need to bring: notebook, pencil, scissors and shared lunch Warping days: Thursday 17th and Thursday 24th 10.00 – 16.00 – all helpers very welcome
Tuesday, 22 January 2008
Wednesday, 9 January 2008
Friday, 4 January 2008
To put together a box we need quite a lot of stuff, as we have no budget as yet, we HOPE that our members can donate the contents of our first couple of boxes. However, before we get buried under your goodwill gifts I'd like to make a plea for specific items:
1. Two sheep's skulls - I'm working on this one CAROL
2. Rams horns - does anyone have the contact details for the man that sells sticks at the Penderyn Farmers market?
3. Three cones of pure wool - Not worried by what colour but it must be pure wool Clare
4. Some 50g skeins of hand spun wool- I'd like to have samples of fine lustre wools and coloured wool (natural and dyed) as well as some hairy kempy yarn. BWMB samples have arrived please pick some up fromthe Cross- we need some cleaned and spun as samples
5. Washed fleece - looking for variety again Carol offers Jacob Fleece, BWMB samples
WE HAVE LOTS OF LOVELY AND IF YOU COULD WASH SOME i WILL BE DELIGHTED
6. Machine knit 100% wool jumper -preferably new don't mind what size, colour etc.
7. Machine knit hat, scarf and gloves- all wool new if possible don't have to match.
8. Hand knit hat, scarf and gloves - all wool new if possible don't have to match. Nell has an odd glove and hat
9. Hand knit wool sweater - someone must have a spare one! -Liz
10.Some balls of real wool- ie from a commercial source- preferably welsh but we will consider anything Liz
11. Commercial skeins of wool- colinette or pre war sock wool perhaps. DEBB
12. A handwoven wool scarf commercial and handspun from Nell
13.Posters of sheep breeds -British Wool Marketing Board
14. hand made felt and felted 3d items #
15. A sample of different woven items-preferably small, mats. coasters, tweed suiting etc
16.Children's books with wool as a theme-eg Tom's sweater,Pete the Sheep, avoiding Shaun the sheep if at all possible, all suggestions considered
17. lanolin hand cream new and unopened Isabel
18. wool tags from clothing with the wool mark.
19. samples of roving in any colours.-BWMB
20. Willing bods to write simple explanations and descriptions and activity sheets.
21.Plastic crates with lids. Still looking for new A4 files
22. Laminating pouches for A4 or info for a cheap source - we have a laminator Got These but had to pay!! Budget now in Deficit!
23. children's plastic knitting needles-Debb
24. some samples of knitting on knitting needles- like little flags of garter stitch, moss stitch, ss etc
25.spindles, - debb
26.card looms or tiny frame tapestry looms
27. Simple dyeing ideas. -food dyes. Debb has plastic pots for dyeing in Carol has food dye
Eirian has offered to do Keystage co-ordination and welsh translation.
Please . Anymore ideas- don't hold back we may not have it covered.
Please be aware that we will deeply appreciate your items but they are setting off on a journey of discovery and may return travel stained, damaged or worse, don't give us anything that you couldn't say goodbye to for good, I know its a big ask, but we can do it.
DEADLINE SHUFFLING GOING ON PLEASE WORK ON ASAP FOR NOW!
Thanks in anticipation DEBB.
A busy start to the New Year when a steady flow, mostly couples with one interested in crafting and the other as moral support, arrived at our basement yesterday, keen to find out about our guild. They came in response to posters, our tesco spinning day, and the carer's event. I will pass the details of those wanting to join courses to Nell, as I ran out of leaflets. So hopefully we can fill any space in the classes to keep the guild going, perhaps a few more bods will turn up on Tuesday too.
See you in class, Debb.