Friday 6 April 2007

Blaenafan Arts Festival - 7th May

The Big Pit, Blaenafon

This might be the thinnest connection to spinning so far, but here goes.

On May Day bank holiday Monday, I will be taking part in an adaptation of Alexander Cordell's The Rape of the Fair Country. I play Elianor Mortymer and she spins, both as a nod to historical authenticity and as part of her character (and because I can spin!)

There is going to be quite a bit of publicity attached to the event and the Cordell Players ( that's me and the gang) will be in Blaenafon all day, discussing the books and generally swanning around, in character of course. This will probably entail some kind of spinning demonstration at one point or another.

I would be hugely grateful if someone could lend me a not too precious Ashford or something that looks more authentic than my Louet which just doesn't have the look. I would also like to take some handouts, just to spread the word a bit.
And I'm writing about this now, before I get too busy with it and forget.
Thanks

Sian

2 comments:

Nell said...

Sian
I am away in south of France visitng family that weekend, so more than welcome to my Ashford Traveller. Will need it back by following weekend though. Any good?
Nell

Anonymous said...

Well Done on making this page
Hope to add to this later