Friday 4 September 2009

From Australia!!!!


Hi Debs,
I expect you will have realised by now that I have left. I went thinking that I would return in June to pack and say goodbye. However, we did manage to sell the house and it was such a horrible experience that Gresham just wanted to get out and over here and so he did. I never managed to get into the guild web site and so i will send this to and please pass it on to the others.
I really just want to say a big big thank you to all the members who were such a great lot. I loved being in the group from the very first day.
Everyonewas so friendly and helpful and were always so ready to help and give up their time when I got stuck which was often. It set me on the road to a new hobby and more. As you well know, one thing leads to another and before you know it there is another project under way. Also the friendships I made were so important to me.
In particular I owe so much to Norma who opened all the doors, Marj, Eirian, Isabel, Margot, Carol, Gill and all the other "originals" (for me ).
I will be returning in November and hope to be in Wales on a Tuesday so that I can pop in and see the new storage as well as all the old faces! Yesterday I joined the Spinners and Weavers club up here. It is a 4 minute drive from where we are living but there are no lessons and more spinning than weaving but early days. We've only been up here 2 weeks and are in a rented hose while we look around, and also recover from our awful sale. I've had enough of houses for a bit!
I should also officially resign, I suppose, so I just did!
Good luck to you all and I hope the future is rosy foor you all. stay healthy and safe.
Love to you all

G. Dobson

No comments: